Importing Product Inventory
1. When uploading inventory in batches, the original inventory data is overwritten instead of being added to the original amount. For example, if the original inventory of product A is 100, and you import 50 more, the available inventory will be 50 instead of 150.
2. When importing inventory, if there are two records in the table where OMS SKU and location are exactly the same, the system will only obtain the inventory data in the first record for import.
3. WMS imports product inventory to calculate the inventory age according to the filled in storage time, and the storage fee rule will be applied from the day after the import is completed. Importing inventory will skip the free storage period set by the system.
- Case A: The WMS warehouse has a storage fee of $0.5 per day for the first 7 days and a storage fee of $1 per day for the next 8-15 days. When importing inventory, the storage time is filled in 14 days in advance. The system will then calculate the storage age of the product. Once 14 days have passed, the warehouse will begin charging the higher storage fee rate of $1 per day starting on the second day after the import. The storage fees for the first 14 days will not be automatically charged.
- Case B: The WMS warehouse has a free storage period of 15 days and a storage fee of $1 per day for the first 15 days. When importing inventory, the storage time is filled in 14 days in advance. The system will then calculate that the storage age of the product is already 14 days. Since the free storage period is skipped, the storage fee will be charged starting on the day of import and will be based on the storage age of 14 days and the storage fee rate of $1. However, the storage fees from the previous 14 days will not be charged.
- Case C: WMS does not have a free storage period set, and the storage time filled in during the import is 20 days earlier, the storage fee will be calculated starting on the day of import. It will be based on the storage fee rate and a storage age of 20 days. The storage fees from the previous 20 days will not be charged.